CLASSIFICATION:EC409 per AWS/ANSI A5.22, ASME SFA 5.22
Select FP 409Ti is a composite metal cored electrode used for the welding of ferritic stainless steel, particularly on thin section, aluminized material. Titanium acts as the stabilizing agent to provide oxidation and corrosion resistance.
APPLICATIONS:Select FP 409Ti is utilized for welding aluminized exhaust system components of 12% chromium. This wire easily performs on any power source over a wide range of pulse programs. Typical applications are components fabricated from sheet stock such as manifolds, mufflers, catalytic converters and exhaust tubing.
SHIELDING GAS: 95-98% Ar/balance O2, 40-55 cfh
WELDING POSITIONS: Flat and Horizontal
- Minimum of spatter and literally no burn-through on thin material.
- Stable spray arc over a wide range of current and voltage settings.
- Excellent resistance to sensitization which reduces the chances of stress corrosion cracking when welding over lubricants, oils and other hydrocarbons.
- Outperforms solid wires when welding joints with poor fit up, thin materials and bridging wide gaps.
- Reduces reject rates and cycle times.
98 Ar/2 O2